Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Ground News

You have all forgotten the golden word........................imminent

went past the ground today up really high, the filling must be nearly finished?????

I'm starting to get very worried about the ground. I've personally already written off getting into it before next season, and I'm getting myself prepared for the news of another season at Evesham.

What'd be ideal, as there is clearly something going on at MP (ie building up of earth), is to find out what's going on and how long it's going to take.

Surely if there is something happening down at MP then this is the time to start drumming up excitement for the new ground. That is unless we're just filling up the area with earth and delaying the news that the next stage won't happen for a long while?

Out of interest, how long did Evesham's ground take to build from first digger to being approved as finished? I'm sure our set up is going to be the same size roughly. That might give us a rough guide as to how long it'll take post-earth filling maybe?

I'm hoping that due to the stadium being so small scale that that part will be the quickest to sort out. It's not like we're waiting for the new Wembley to be built, or even a stadium the size of the one we left!

Evesham also had trouble with A council, over the approach road, I may be wrong but I believe the ground was finished but they were unable to play official matches on it so spent another season playing at Wos!

Ps it is not "the council" but the people they employ who are the problem!

Quote Originally Posted by MeadowClark View Post
    I'm starting to get very worried about the ground. I've personally already written off getting into it before next season, and I'm getting myself prepared for the news of another season at Evesham.

What'd be ideal, as there is clearly something going on at MP (ie building up of earth), is to find out what's going on and how long it's going to take.

Surely if there is something happening down at MP then this is the time to start drumming up excitement for the new ground. That is unless we're just filling up the area with earth and delaying the news that the next stage won't happen for a long while?

Out of interest, how long did Evesham's ground take to build from first digger to being approved as finished? I'm sure our set up is going to be the same size roughly. That might give us a rough guide as to how long it'll take post-earth filling maybe?

I'm hoping that due to the stadium being so small scale that that part will be the quickest to sort out. It's not like we're waiting for the new Wembley to be built, or even a stadium the size of the one we left!
    With GCAFC no news means bad news. And any news is also bad news. Even when we do get back the whole affair can't be considered anything less than a shambolic, pitiful mess, best to just write it out of the clubs history.

It's like the Office. There's no news and irrelevant news

Heard from a source very close to the owners that the land levelling will be done by xmas but the funding to build the stadium is likely to take years...

We are long overdue an update now. I wonder if the funding will take years how long people will stick by us?

Quote Originally Posted by MeadowClark View Post
    We are long overdue an update now. I wonder if the funding will take years how long people will stick by us?
    Got to be an intentional decision not to release information because such bad news will drive support away

If your right what was the point inthem bigging up the superdry guy? Iím going on that a statement will be released when the ground is leveled out, so we should hear something in 2/3 weeks good or bad.