Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617

Thread: Ground News

Josh Cooke

Cool

If you had had a proper job, in industry, you would know what a bund was!

Lewis Fathers
    “Bund” an embankment or causeway..

I wrote this over 2 years ago now. Not much seems to have changed

https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/voic...days-t677.html

Quote Originally Posted by Dom Joly's Publicist View Post
    I wrote this over 2 years ago now. Not much seems to have changed

https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/voic...days-t677.html
    Looking back now how prophetic this editorial was and is today with the addition of the Resignations of Club Chairman, Team Manager (and many other roles) together with backroom staff. Sad, sad times.

Weren't we meant to hear another ground update by around now? Nice to see the promises being kept.

Quote Originally Posted by Tigermatty View Post
    Weren't we meant to hear another ground update by around now? Nice to see the promises being kept.
    Nothing to report because nothing's been done.

Quote Originally Posted by Tigermatty View Post
    It seems to me that you would like nothing more than this club to go down with your constant negative coments

Quote Originally Posted by baba123456 View Post
    It seems to me that you would like nothing more than this club to go down with your constant negative coments
    Why is it negative to ask about a ground update that was promised? I'm not negative I'm concerned. What would be a positive comment look like? 'hey guys I'm really looking forward to this next ground update because after ten years of broken promises I really feel confident that things are going to change this time'? I would hate for the club to go down, but I can differentiate between what happens on the field and what happens off the field. Too many people see us get 3pts and somehow interpret that as things being great again, but the situation off the field is still rotten and until it's fixed the results are irrelevant to me. Everybody at the club should be concerned with the way it's run, because it's never going to achieve what it wants to if things stay as they are. The club has promised changes, but promises mean bugger all to this club, so excuse me for trying to hold people accountable.

I'm encouraged by the responses/interactions from the "club" today. However it should never have got to this point. It's probably prudent to remind people that it's lost us fans, a manager, a chairman, a vice-chairman, an accountant, a press officer, a kit man and 10 and a half years of our lives. That isn't healthy.

Fans should be entitled to be sceptical and ask questions just the same as people are entitled to an opinion on results, players etc. It's a free country, not North Korea. Forums are for debate not stifling.
    Last edited by Dom Joly's Publicist; 11-01-18 at 02:56 PM.