Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Could we even manage this!

Craig Jones

Could we even manage this!

It's strange being a City fan. Even when we lead comfortably I'm never totally relaxed, as I know us too well, but.......

Merthyr 4-0 up at home at half time last night, and contrived contrived to lose 4-5 to Slough.

That really takes some doing!
    Pitying people who need to drink alcohol to have a good time since 4th June 2017.

Crazy isn't it, I'd be in a grump for the rest of the week if I was a Merthyr fan.

Hoping they filmed it, wouldn't mind seeing the highlights for that!

Quote Originally Posted by daveangel View Post
    It's strange being a City fan. Even when we lead comfortably I'm never totally relaxed, as I know us too well, but.......

Merthyr 4-0 up at home at half time last night, and contrived contrived to lose 4-5 to Slough.

That really takes some doing!
    Didnít we reverse a 1-3 at home to win 4-3 against them aswell? It was at when we were on the verge of going bust and being relegated but we celebrated like we had won the league!. Good memories

Alan Knott
    I've seen us bin some 3-0 leads (to draw mainly), but to lose 5-4 from 4-0 takes the cake.

Richard Kear
    Slough are a very good side and I was shocked when they were 4 down as it made little sense. I can only think it was a reaction to the home side getting thumped by Kettering at the weekend. Hell of an effort from Slough to win the game from that position that is a very rare thing in football at any level.

Alan Bird
    I do reacall an infamous midweek trip to Salisbury in the 90s, 3-0 up with 5 mins to go (no doubt someone will correct me) and end up drawing 3-3...

Mark Hardcastle
    Iím still getting over the FC United game we lost last season! Canít imagine what Merthyr fans are feeling like!

Steve Crouch
    Quote Originally Posted by Easty View Post
    I do reacall an infamous midweek trip to Salisbury in the 90s, 3-0 up with 5 mins to go (no doubt someone will correct me) and end up drawing 3-3...
    And salisbury hit the bar. We were so lucky to draw.

Ricky Chandler
    Quote Originally Posted by Easty View Post
    Paul Milsom's debut wasn't it ? Must have wondered what he was signing up to