Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Braintree

Braintree

Well that game was over after an hour. Couldn't wait for it to finish after that.

No matter who plays up front why does the ball have to be such a hot potato? No-one has enough time on the ball to be able to do anything worthwhile with it. Tim says we could've been two up at half time but I can't remember a second chance, the one we scored from was a mistake or deflection that Karnell did well with.

And there's also talk of the ref in the interview. He was shocking. How that wasn't a penalty for Braintree at the end of the first half when their man was taken out mid flight when heading for goal beggars belief.

Anyhow. Not good enough. I knew nothing of Braintree, but at home no matter who we play we can't surrender like that.

Kyle Haynes
    I felt better at half time.

I've had a relapse.
    Pitying people who need to drink alcohol to have a good time since 4th June 2017.

Shipping goals again. We looked decent for most of the first half, but we made it too easy for them second half.

Too many individual mistakes today.

Would hate to think where we'd be in the North right now. If it wasn't for that 4 game blip where we were winning we'd be right down there in this league.
    Last edited by MeadowClark; 10-07-2017 at 06:50 PM.

Kenny Howard
    We just stood off them until they scored. What the f happened at half time

Ryan O'Hara
    Quote Originally Posted by daveangel View Post
    I felt better at half time.

I've had a relapse.
    I agree well taken goal by young Chambers and they offered very liitle the still on the coach syndrome applies- second half still in the changing room syndrome for us . Sorry ( albeit we may be expected to much) young Jack up front anonymous.
    Positives Knowles returning and a nice cheese burger

Steve Crouch

Strange team selection, for what ever reason!

Even stranger tactics!

And as for giving goals away, well!

Jorge Ferro
    [QUOTE=Neil;2285] Tim says we could've been two up at half time but I can't remember a second chance, the one we scored from was a mistake or deflection that Karnell did well with.QUOTE]

I guess he meant what looked like a good attempt by Karnell to finish off the cross that Lewis fizzed across the goal.

Braintree supporters at half-time complaining that they had not had a shot on goal found themselves top of the league before they boarded the coach home.

Mark Hardcastle
    Our defense are quick learners, Braintree showed us how to gift a goal in the first half, then in the second half we showed we could do it twice!! What were they thinking??

Knowles, thank god he is back, Thomas excellent.
    Last edited by Badger; 10-08-2017 at 07:57 AM.

Mo Diop
    I couldn't attend today, but it sound like we didn't have the best day, with the defence having a rough time.

That begs the question - why was our best defender, Robbie Cundy, not starting? Maybe I've missed an injury, but it seems odd to me.

Braintree defender should have been sent off for a clear elbow on Webby. Referee was awful. We were 1-0 up at the time as well.