Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A bit of Rose Tinted perspective.

Aysa Corrick

A bit of Rose Tinted perspective.

Exactly 15 days ago, we were (a little tongue in cheekedly) singing that these same players were going to be "Champions" as we picked up out 12th point out of 12, ripping the defence of the then leaders to shreds.

We've not played well since, and have several players struggling for form. I think we desperately need a CF to share the burden with JP, but I don't doubt Tim is on the case. We are not a million miles away, and personally think wholesale changes would be lunacy.

Have a nice cup of cocoa, and let Mr Harris do what he does best. Manage our beloved football team with ten times more knowledge and ability than I, and I think most of us possess. He is our club.

Now who's coming to Sunny Bognor?
    Pitying people who need to drink alcohol to have a good time since 4th June 2017.

This.
    (Not enough characters to post so I thought I'd say Majorca is lovely and sunny, hope Evesham on a Monday night isn't so bad) see you all soon

How does the water taste Charlie?

Mark Preece
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    How does the water taste Charlie?
    Don't Taste Like What It Oughta

Josh Cooke
    That is a sensible post David. A reaction at Bognor is what we need

Matt Aubrey
    Quote Originally Posted by daveangel View Post
    Exactly 15 days ago, we were (a little tongue in cheekedly) singing that these same players were going to be "Champions" as we picked up out 12th point out of 12, ripping the defence of the then leaders to shreds.
    For me it makes it all the more frustrating, because we can do it, we blow hot and cold so much. Not just this season either.

Thank god this has hopefully put an end to those chants, it was embarrassing!

Tim said in his interview that this is a young team and in short they make mistakes....
    Seemed critical of Webby and Hanks in midfield
    Problem is this IS a young team and perhaps we need a few more experienced heads through the team to hold things together if we can afford them which it seems we still can't - so more of the same inconsistency seems the norm for us?

Matt Aubrey
    I agree, this is a very young team. Ideally we need some experience in to have a mixture so they can also bring the young lads on. As you say, looks like we can't afford it.

I don't dream of a day when we can buy the league like FGR, just a day when we can compete financially and bring in experienced talent from our level. We've been the poorest club with 0 for about two decades now!

Aysa Corrick
    Makes where we are and how we do even more remarkable.
    Heres to more prosperous times!
    Pitying people who need to drink alcohol to have a good time since 4th June 2017.

inconsistency and mid-table is fine until the Tigers return to Meadow Park