Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Hungerford FA Cup exit

Mark Hardcastle
    had a couple of beers tonight so will not say to much apart from that was absolutely pathetic today. No constructive criticism I know but where would you start, defence poor, midfield nowhere, attack non existent. What the hell has happened? Off to bed.
    Last edited by Badger; 09-17-2017 at 12:05 AM.

Bagasan Graham
    Quote Originally Posted by Gay Buccaneer View Post
    Totally agree with all the above posts that was very very disappointing once again this afternoon FA Cup 4 and a half grand on offer and we were as much use as a ashtray on a motorbike!..I really am beginning to feel that Evesham will cost us this season it's difficult to create noise and I also miss Cheltenham for the noise!.it's desperate at the minute as something somewhere isn't right within the camp Hanksy is just a shadow of his former self and Sammy doesn't seem right to me either..all round it doesn't seem right!..the Cup dream as gone and what I thought was a more than comfortable league for us I'm beginning to think we could be where we don't want to be!..some toughies coming up with the likes of Braintree and East Thurrock surprise package they are still undeafted it's difficult at Evesham I think we all know it once again that was a poor effort today and to think this side is a nucleus of last season and there is something amiss somewhere!..needs sorting rapidly.. (striker please)..
    Spot on GB

Well this squad is really struggling as we all have said and thats a surprise to us all including Tim I am sure
    Webby is a legend but sadly past his best and a squad player odd good game but often passes sideways and backwards and loses momentum - sorry but its my opinnion love the guy but....
    Hanksy isn't the player he was last season and his mind seems on his full time job( who can blame him?) and perhaps he needs to drop down to a league he can commit in, and poor Sam is a shadow of the player in past seasons - slow and cumbersome
    Forwards all poor this season excepting Joe Parker sadly a loan figure up front, Williams at times good but along with Kotwica poor compared to last season. I could go on but what has gone wrong? Well certainly Evesham doesn't help - when you consider the ex Cheltenham players who seem to have all struggled to ''adapt'' to Evesham a cold soulless place as most of us supporters have....
    The only way forward for Tim has to be a major influx of new blood as this form cannot continue into the Autumn or we will be playing in the SLP next season and the 5 year plan and investment may well go out the window and I am sure this wont be allowed to happen???? So 3-4 players in the spine at least but at this time of season easier said than done.....
    Over to you Tim.....

I think Matt Rose has been a huge loss also.. think we've lost a little bit of his nastiness.. don't think he would let these players get away with some of their performances where as Rico is too nice and can't imagine him getting angry with the players.

Ryan O'Hara
    How did we win 4 games on the bounce because around them sounds like we have been crap?

We had form like that in the north lets not forget. Win a bunch, lose a bunch. The inconsistency was terrible.

How are we in a position as a football club where we are talking about missing playing at sodding Whaddon Road?

Bagasan Graham
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilesy View Post
    How are we in a position as a football club where we are talking about missing playing at sodding Whaddon Road?
    Evesham is such a soulless stadium where it's impossible to generate any atmosphere

Mo Diop
    Quote Originally Posted by Darran View Post
    How did we win 4 games on the bounce because around them sounds like we have been crap?
    We were not great during that spell either. A few of those wins were fortunate. All by a single goal too.

Matt Aubrey
    Last season our really cr*p spell coincided wjth the time when Chris Knowles was out injured. We've not had him at all so far this season and the 'good spell' of four wins in a row, was, IMO due to luck and meeting opponents who were having an off day.