Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Hungerford FA Cup exit

Hungerford FA Cup exit

First things first that was shite but I'd like to see the red card / penalty incident again, it looked like the player missed the ball completely.

Overall, big problems with this team. What has gone wrong? We could play til midnight and not score.

Mark Hardcastle
    Simply awful. The players should pay for our coach to Bognor to apologise.

Matt Taylor
    Ouch that was embarrassing what has happened to the side, that was no better than county league. I think we are rock bottom now and where do we go from here, attendance will drop.

Neikell Plummer

Angry Paper Tigers 0 Hungryford 3

Disgraceful performance, no City player worthy of a MOTM award. We were so poor we made them look good. Can't believe that this is basically the same squad as last season.

Desperately need a 'front man' like Hopper last season to hold the ball up and lay it off to our pacey forwards and who can also score 15-20 goals.

What's happened to the defence? My clean sheet money is looking pretty safe this season.

Only 275 there today, I think this will go on dropping - I won't be there for the next 'home' match as I'll be away. By the time I attend another match on 21st October I fear that we will be back in the relegation zone, unless things improve drastically.
    Last edited by drbob; 16-09-17 at 06:22 PM.

Matt Taylor
    Well we lost Jas ,Hopper,Deaman and Luke Thomas from last season and replaced them with inferior players.

Ricky Chandler
    We lost Thomas but he was only on loan and Deaman seemed to not fit in the side more often than not and was always going to leave
    Big Sam has lost his form for sure - the team isn't gelling at all and we lack a big man upfront and don't look like scoring so always more likely to lose than win the opposite of last season - going to be a long long cold season
    Tim needs to sort this out pretty quickly as losing as we know is a habit!

Ricky Chandler
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    First things first that was shite but I'd like to see the red card / penalty incident again, it looked like the player missed the ball completely.
    Dr Bob spent a long time explaining his joke about referee Simpson not being a Homer (I've never watched the show). I'm definitely inclined to agree with him - but perhaps we shall find from the sending off that Simpson has been to Specsavers, though it seems unlikely

Mark Preece
    Quite simply, Tim has got to make some big decisions about the future of some payers who are shadows of what they were last season.

Ricky Chandler
    Never ever left a game early but really did consider it today. Its getting worse game by game. Support is falling away. Confidence in the ability to actually change or come back into the game is zero. The lack of interest on the COF is alarming. What is the point in asking one player namely Joe Parker to try and close down the opposition on his own when there is a thirty yard gap between him and the mid field? Then he is asked to fecking chase every long ball hoofed up field. I am impressed with Joe and his level of commitment to a lost cause and he is appreciated by the fans which cant be said a number of current players.There is something seriously wrong at the club and it needs sorting.

Josh Cooke
    Quote Originally Posted by City Col View Post
    Never ever left a game early but really did consider it today. Its getting worse game by game. Support is falling away. Confidence in the ability to actually change or come back into the game is zero. The lack of interest on the COF is alarming. What is the point in asking one player namely Joe Parker to try and close down the opposition on his own when there is a thirty yard gap between him and the mid field? Then he is asked to fecking chase every long ball hoofed up field. I am impressed with Joe and his level of commitment to a lost cause and he is appreciated by the fans which cant be said a number of current players.There is something seriously wrong at the club and it needs sorting.
    Totally agree.

Spot on Eric Van ...

We were never at the races and really they weren't much better than us. TH a bit of work to do.