Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Havant & Waterlooville today

Josh Cooke
    Good first 15 minutes but we weren't in the game after that. We could still be playing now and still not have scored. The best we could of achieved attacking like that was a 0-0 draw, and credit to the defence we nearly held out. I actually thought we looked defensively sturdier with Parselle on and he was a decent outlet too.

We played a lot of long balls and crosses, most with little pace or quality, and won very few headers. We need to be smarter tactically. What's happened to that slick passing we had last season?

Morf did well for 15/20 minutes but then disappeared. Unsurprising considering he was signed as a coach/squad player and that's the role he was playing for Shortwood last year. Interesting to see who Tim can bring in up front. It could make or break our season I reckon. Will it be a Michael Whittington / Connor Waldon or will it be a Louis Robles / Troy Wood??

Matt Aubrey
    Another poor show, too many passengers in the team. I thought we looked stronger when Keiran Parsells came on in fact I think he shaded MOM but only because the rest played crap.

For all the above said I thought Havant /Waterlooville were a very decent side and were well organised and kept us at bay when they had to..again a bit of a lack lustre effort on our behalf pity Spencer having to go off but I hear he's ok thankfully..can't wait to get Lewis back in his usual slot as Keiran looks a bit out of place there..we don't seem to be getting the rub of the green with officials at the minute the one Tuesday night diabolical and yesterday powderpuff thought I saw him run to the bench and ask for an umbrella! ..your always going to get a bit of gamesmanship time wasting but when their keeper went down late on the physio applied the spray to his groin I could a swore he asked for a bottle of Timotei! (for you youngsters that's a hair shampoo)..definitely got to get a big man in up front before tomorrow would be great but definitely before next Saturday as Hungerford look rather resurgent in recent weeks..a win tomorrow night would set it up nicely for Saturday😊👍

Ryan O'Hara
    So was that Lee Molyneaux wearing 14 for H&W, and did he play for us ? He played for Ciren, for sure (if it was him, I mean)