Thread: Travelling to home games

Travelling to home games

I have already travelled to Evesham from Gloucester EIGHT times this season (four friendlies, four league games) and each time it has been just me in the car. Now I again face doing two trips in three days (Havant & Waterlooville and Hampton & Richmond) having done exactly the same Saturday/Monday thing only a few weeks ago (Hereford/Truro).

I live in Abbeymead so it isn't really convenient for me to start my journey at Meadow Park right over the other side of town.

But there surely must be other supporters living on my side of town who could either offer me a lift to Evesham or be passengers in my car.

Making contact with any such people seems to be the difficult thing. Any ideas, please ?

Ryan O'Hara
    Hi Kris, there has been a previous thread about lift sharing and some of us posted on there about locations and availability. I'm not sure that thread has generated any successful lift shares. It's not easy as supporters want to arrive and depart at varying times, but this issue does remain on the agenda of the supporters trust and we should probably discuss further about how we can help connect like minded supporters. Another issue is we can only expect limited success via the COF / SM; as some fans pointed out at the AGM, they aren't active on the internet.

This is something we could include in the Trust's next monthly newsletter and the club shop could be the 'hub' for capturing names. We could have a space on the notice board in the shop with contact details of supporters. It may well be that as the weather deteriorates people will be more inclined to get sharing.

I'll get it added to the next committee meeting agenda.

Steve Crouch
    Excellent posts and thanks. I think this is something that the Trust needs to consider and we will discuss at out next Board Meeting a week tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Getushome View Post
    Hi Kris, there has been a previous thread about lift sharing and some of us posted on there about locations and availability. I'm not sure that thread has generated any successful lift shares. It's not easy as supporters want to arrive and depart at varying times, but this issue does remain on the agenda of the supporters trust and we should probably discuss further about how we can help connect like minded supporters. Another issue is we can only expect limited success via the COF / SM; as some fans pointed out at the AGM, they aren't active on the internet.

This is something we could include in the Trust's next monthly newsletter and the club shop could be the 'hub' for capturing names. We could have a space on the notice board in the shop with contact details of supporters. It may well be that as the weather deteriorates people will be more inclined to get sharing.

I'll get it added to the next committee meeting agenda.
    Thank you for your quick reply. I appreciate that. And Yes, I am sure this question has been raised before!

If not everyone is not internet active why not set up a group of Watsapp which everyone can join,And you can publícate your journey in the moment like Bla Bla car, Giving a set leaving date and an estimated return date,I only go to away games in the car(when in Glos)so I would just say in the group "pick up Macdonalds Bristol road 14pm return between 17/17.30pm,Just an idea

Also put the contact details in home programmes for those that attend & don't visit the club shop ?

Ricky Chandler
    I doubt people will wanna put personal details in the programme for all to see...