Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: New club colours on the way?

To me, if we had to change - and I really don't think we should - yellow and red is the only sensible option. They are the colours of the city of Gloucester and it also combines both "new" and "old".

Matt Taylor
    I could live with that.

The embarrassed/sunburnt tigers.
    Pitying people who need to drink alcohol to have a good time since 4th June 2017.

Teams who wear red win things.

Except Liverpool

Ryan O'Hara
    I think a lot of people are reading too much into this.

We couldn't play in our home kit or away kit because it clashed with St Albans' colours. Therefore we had to use a one off kit to ensure that it didn't clash.

The ladies side have got nothing to do with Gloucester City at all, they play under the Gloucester name, but sadly that's where the similarities end. I do find it odd that the ladies side have completely changed their identity though.

Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    Teams who wear red win things.

Except Liverpool
    And cheltenham😌

Quote Originally Posted by charlie View Post
    I think a lot of people are reading too much into this.

We couldn't play in our home kit or away kit because it clashed with St Albans' colours. Therefore we had to use a one off kit to ensure that it didn't clash.

The ladies side have got nothing to do with Gloucester City at all, they play under the Gloucester name, but sadly that's where the similarities end. I do find it odd that the ladies side have completely changed their identity though.
    If they are nothing to do with Gloucester City, then why does their badge say 1883 in it, why does EMG share their news, why is their home kit identical to our third kit, and why do they think they're linked to the club?

Also EMG has retweeted a tweet which asks if the men will also be rebranding along the same lines as the ladies...

Richard Kear
    Does the possible rebrand mean we'll be serving prawn sandwiches?

Ryan O'Hara
    Quote Originally Posted by Kitto View Post
    If they are nothing to do with Gloucester City, then why does their badge say 1883 in it, why does EMG share their news, why is their home kit identical to our third kit, and why do they think they're linked to the club?

Also EMG has retweeted a tweet which asks if the men will also be rebranding along the same lines as the ladies...
    I don't know, but they are a completely seperate club to Gloucester City. The mens and ladies sections are completely seperate, they operate with their own board, sponsors, etc.

They have the same sponsors and kit as us these days.

Kenny Howard
    Quote Originally Posted by charlie View Post
    I don't know, but they are a completely seperate club to Gloucester City. The mens and ladies sections are completely seperate, they operate with their own board, sponsors, etc.
    So do the youth though, legally and constitutionally separate but still under the umbrella of the 'club'