Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: New club colours on the way?

I’m sorry but I disagree.. Changing the whole colours etc and rebranding and going over to red and black just goes to show how they value us fans (what’s left) who’ve stuck with this club since exile..
    I know there’s going people coming on saying “we played in red before” “no one moaned when Westbury homes changed it” blah blah.. I’m guessing a large proportion of us can’t remember red anyway?...
    Yellow abc black is the only colour we know and it’s unique, going to red and black is ridiculous and bland!!
    I’d 100% boycott and I know plenty who’d also follow suit not to mention the terraces looking bear without dozens of yellow flags...

#KeepCityYellow

Totally agree with Easty. Y&B is iconic, it catches the eye and it sticks out. Borussia Dortmund always have lovely kits and everyone knows them because it's a striking combination. I'm not bothered about changing the club crest, I don't hate the current one but if it changes so be it; but I will be annoyed if we change to R&B. A R&B away strip, absolutely fine with me and I'd have no issue of every away strip was from here on out R&B but to do away with our current colours doesn't make sense to me. Most of us have developed an affinity with it, we like it, it's our identity. You wouldn't invert the colours of the St Georges Cross which has been our national flag for 800 years or so. If it ain't broke don't fix it! And spare a thought for Easty as mentioned before how much money has he ploughed into flags? Most of those are all over our media and have helped get our name out there in many ways. When I first started following the club that giant Pride of Gloucestershire flag drew me in so it gets people interested as well!

I think if the colours are changed the club ought to give him a free season ticket because he's helped advertise the club with his own wonga.
    Eamonn Take us home, Oh please take us home, we just wanna go home! we've been everywhere; we've drank all the beer, we just wanna go home!

Exactly and well put Nomad..

The huge flag was only at home games till I decided to take it FC Utd the first season we went up there and to say it got us coverage would be an understatement along with when it went to Salford and somewhere I believe there’s a pic of Gary Neville posing with it which was shared thousands of times...
    The new “t-end will rise again” wasn’t cheap either..
    I’m not showing off some others (one) do plenty of that but I’ve spent over a grand easily in over 2 years..

If there is some evidence pointing to businesses or individuals lack of investment or support due to the colours or the badge or the lack of a true identity, whatever that is, and changing it to something totally new would change it for the better then I think the majority would be a little more forgiving. But I haven't seen any proof of this.

I would have thought local businesses and the like have generally stayed away as the club is a total basket case a lot of the time, steering from one disaster to another off the field rather than anything to do with the colours we play in or that there's a Tiger on the badge. Give us something tangible and opinion would sway.

Chris Jones
    Another point regarding the rebrand would be have the owners thought about what'd happen in the real possibility that over half the fanbase won't adjust to red and won't buy any red merchandise for example. That's the complete opposite to having a club identity, you end up with a mish mash of yellow and red.

In my mind it's a silly idea. It'll blend us in with all the other red clubs around the area and it'll undo a lot of hard work already done to make yellow our identity. The only people left at this club is the hardcore and most only know yellow, I think it'll look like a way to write us out of history.

It'd be an absolute shame to change the colours on the whim of the owner with no consultation with fans first.

Lewis Fathers
    Quote Originally Posted by MeadowClark View Post
    Another point regarding the rebrand would be have the owners thought about what'd happen in the real possibility that over half the fanbase won't adjust to red and won't buy any red merchandise for example. That's the complete opposite to having a club identity, you end up with a mish mash of yellow and red.

In my mind it's a silly idea. It'll blend us in with all the other red clubs around the area and it'll undo a lot of hard work already done to make yellow our identity. The only people left at this club is the hardcore and most only know yellow, I think it'll look like a way to write us out of history.

It'd be an absolute shame to change the colours on the whim of the owner with no consultation with fans first.
    I would be happy if we play in pink stripes tbh as long as we have a club at this level
    I will worry about the colours we play in when we have a ground back in Gloucester

Chris Jones
    Quote Originally Posted by Severnside View Post
    I would be happy if we play in pink stripes tbh as long as we have a club at this level
    I will worry about the colours we play in when we have a ground back in Gloucester
    If they just keep the colours as yellow and ditch any rebrand plans then it is no worry.

Alex Harris
    Quote Originally Posted by Severnside View Post
    Not about the colours for me, but the attitude behind it. More than willing to give anyone a chance, and although I absolutely abhor the red and black "brand", if supporters were canvassed and it was accepted I'd go along with it (though to be honest, wouldn't buy any further merchandise).
    If it was just implemented without the views of many who work bloody hard for the club, and have spent their hard earned cash on flags etc, being taken into account that would be different.

I'd struggle to continue if that's how little our opinion means.
    Pitying people who need to drink alcohol to have a good time since 4th June 2017.