Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: St Albans

Ricky Chandler
    Did we not get an injury time equaliser which felt like a winner there or have I made that up?

Josh Cooke
    Quote Originally Posted by Darran View Post
    Did we not get an injury time equaliser which felt like a winner there or have I made that up?
    Yes we did - I was stood next to you mate! Andy Keveran's only goal for City.

Still, not a win

Bagasan Graham
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    On his own?
    Shared with 1 other so not a bad return for him

Jorge Ferro
    Another top day out in the sun and three points against a very good attacking Saint Albans side.I would have settled for a 2-2 but a lot of home fans thought we were a good side too. Have to say its a ground I would defo go to again and decent home fans so a very pleasurable day out.I know Isaac followed the game on twitter whilst on holiday in Greece and always picks Sam or Robbie for the Golden goal! Excellent team performance in every department and great away support as always. Had a laugh on the coach on the way back especially with the up the tin pot south we go song which had every one on the coach rocking as it did go on for some considerable time top banter.

Bagasan Graham
    http://saintschat.proboards.com/thre...er-city-2-9-17

Reaction and comments from St Albans forum

Bagasan Graham
    Nice credit to the City fans from St Albans manager who thought we were superb all game...and how right he is

Matt Taylor
    In today's NLP:

Front Page: " St Albans mauled by Tigers"

Feature match with two photos "Saints are blinded by the Eye of the Tiger" - Photos: Robbie Cundy's winning goal and the red card for Herd. Star Man Ed Williams.

Team of the Day: Ed Williams in as attacking midfielder (but with wrong shirt). Top Boss: Tim Harris

Two more photos on the results page as well - Sam Avery's header and goal celebrations.

Well done everybody

Haven't seen the highlights yet but this red card, how was it controversial?

http://www.edboydenphotos.co.uk/p711...e2fb#h94dcfcd9

This looks as though Webby has beaten the keeper, shot and had the goalbound effort blocked by a defenders arm. How is that not a red card? I'd have been screaming blue murder if he'd not been sent off.
    Last edited by Neil; 03-09-17 at 10:17 AM.

Bagasan Graham
    This is what the laws of the game say

Where a player denies the opposing team a goal or an obvious goal-scoring opportunity by a deliberate handball offence the player is sent off wherever the offence occurs

Where a player commits an offence against an opponent within their own penalty area which denies an opponent an obvious goal-scoring opportunity and the referee awards a penalty kick, the offending player is cautioned if the offence was an attempt to play the ball; in all other circumstances (e.g. holding, pulling, pushing, no possibility to play the ball etc.) the offending player must be sent off.

Bagasan Graham
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    Haven't seen the highlights yet but this red card, how was it controversial?

http://www.edboydenphotos.co.uk/p711...e2fb#h94dcfcd9

This looks as though Webby has beaten the keeper, shot and had the goalbound effort blocked by a defenders arm. How is that not a red card? I'd have been screaming blue murder if he'd not been sent off.
    A good set of photos there. Look at the passion on the players faces, especially Sam after scoring. He's not had the greatest of starts to the season by his own high standards so to come back in the side and score so early will have done his confidence the world of good.