Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Predictions League

Steve Crouch

Predictions League

Steve M has told me a few people would like this started again. If there is enough interest I'm prepared to do the scoring again, but want someone else to take on the responsibility of collecting the entry fees and handing i over to the winner and the club.

Post here if you want to take part or if you do the money side.

I'd suggest 10 entry, with half to the winner and half to the trust.

Mark Hardcastle
    I'm in, but won't be around for a few weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by redshift View Post
    Steve M has told me a few people would like this started again. If there is enough interest I'm prepared to do the scoring again, but want someone else to take on the responsibility of collecting the entry fees and handing i over to the winner and the club.

Post here if you want to take part or if you do the money side.

I'd suggest 10 entry, with half to the winner and half to the trust.
    Yea I'll enter - And as I was probably one of the last to pay you last year, I will volunteer myself to collect the entry fees etc.

Let's give this a boost then as it's all gone dormant on this one,for the past 2 seasons we re-invented the Predictor League which attracted a decent number entries 15/20 and remained of interest to most throughout the season.
    Previous participants know the format but for any new entries this is how it works :
    1)The Saturday batch of fixtures will be posted on the COF generally on a Thursday and a Thread will indicate those games,you log in and post your predictions before 3.00pm that Saturday.
    2)If you predict a correct result you will get 2pts.
    3)If you predict a correct score you will get 5pts.
    4)Failure to submit predictions any week you will get 0pts.
    We will aim to get this going Saturday October 7th as the scheduled midweek games and FA Cup/Trophy are out the way by then.
    It will be a £10 entrance fee which the past 2 seasons as seen the overall winner reap £100 and the rest to the trust. (Severnside and Mr Ike last season reigned victorious).
    If anyone fancies a go just drop a reply on this thread you've got 4 weeks to think about it as we'll cut off the week before the scheduled start.
    If we can get about 15, more would be wonderful we could possibly review the prize money to 1st and 2nd £80/20 or £70/30 to maintain interest,let's see what the response is and we'll go from there.
    If sufficient interest the £10 entrance fee can be paid cash either to myself or Monkerhostin and I will remain in tandem with Redshift on the scoring and produce a league table after the nominated games on that Saturday.
    It's a bit of fun!
    It's a long haul!
    Fancy it?

I'll give it another go why not

Mark Hardcastle
    I'm in as well

James Palmer
    Count me in too, please

Lee Jeffries
    Gawangawangawan.
    Pitying people who need to drink alcohol to have a good time since 4th June 2017.

Lee Jeffries
    Gawan. (100 posts)
    Pitying people who need to drink alcohol to have a good time since 4th June 2017.

Ricky Chandler
    Taff and Sally