PDA

View Full Version : Mike Dunstan

charlie
04-12-17, 01:00 PM
https://t.co/cgKNf5Y1SX

Has also left, it just gets worse and worse

Dom Joly's Publicist
04-12-17, 01:03 PM
Another person who only ever wanted the best for this football club gone.

Do you trust the likes of Tim, Mike, Marc, Rands, Webby, Kelsey who have sadly felt now is the time to walk away?

Or someone who "apparently" was watching London Irish at Kingsholm on Saturday when the football club he owns is imploding???

Lee
04-12-17, 01:08 PM
That is a great statement from Mike and one I concur with 100%

Thank you for everything you have done for this football club Mike

MeadowClark
04-12-17, 01:15 PM
Thank you for everything, Mike. I know how much you've put into the club and it won't be forgotten. A lovely bloke, approachable and gave his all.

A true club legend.

I'm afraid this is another wake up call for the people still believing in EMG.

The club does need to be run by more paid staff, that's been the case since I can remember. I can't help thinking that if EMG was more proactive and brought in new people, relieved the volunteers to go back to being fans etc, then this whole mess could have been avoided and actually be a positive news story - a step towards a professional structure.

Instead it's taken everyone to resign in an attempt to force EMG's hand, because unfortunately we are a very low priority to him.

Severnside
04-12-17, 01:27 PM

Agree great statement and thanks for what you have done Mike
How a football club at this level can operate with volunteers is anyone's guess, its also anyone's guess if EMG actually really cares about this this club? the next week or so may well determine that, the issue may well be that given the lack of volunteers he thinks that he has no alternative to what we all hope doesn't happen - so who now is running this club off the field and where we go on the field and if the owner cares - we are about to find out as his the silence is deafening

Dom Joly's Publicist
04-12-17, 01:45 PM
Also worth mentioning that Mike stepped into the roll as "interim"'chairman and that's been the case for a few years now.

Also worth mentioning that in a interview with Ian Mean 5-6 years ago Eamonn said he "was waiting patiently for his chance to be chairman".

PeTe
04-12-17, 01:50 PM
So it's true; the Earth is flat, and we've come to the edge of it............

~~~
Thanks Mike - a great bloke, who's done a mammoth job for the club.

PeTe
04-12-17, 01:53 PM
What next?..... Neil to shut down the Forum and Tiger Roar?......

Brandman
04-12-17, 02:11 PM
I reiterate the words I used last week.

You can delegate action but cannot delegate responsibility.

In the 20 months I worked on a daily basis for the Club and put together a plan of restructure when the position of its future was dire, the message I preached was that leadership was vital.

What is so obvious at this time is that the club is not in a financial mess but again as succinctly put by Mike ( who it was s pleasure to work with in the restructure process) it lacks a strong leader behind who all can galvanise and look to the future with confidence and comfort.

The club is an enigma for sure.

Hewego
04-12-17, 02:12 PM
Thanks Mike, lovely man sad to see you go.

Gong Farmer
04-12-17, 02:18 PM
What next?..... Neil to shut down the Forum and Tiger Roar?......

Could the last one out turn off the lights?
No, soddit, run up a big electric bill for someone.

As someone asked recently, what is a club, if owner, Chairman, manager, coaches, players, ground, all change regularly?

Well that just leaves the fans, who last a hell of a lot longer. They should be the last to give up.

young alfie
04-12-17, 02:19 PM
Thanks Mike, we are now rock bottom are there any believers on here who will be volunteering for his job.

Tigermatty
04-12-17, 02:23 PM
Would have been a very difficult decision I'm sure and one that is understandable, Mike should be commended for what he has put into the club. When you are in that position it's difficult not to take criticism personally, even when it isn't directed at you, I hope Mike understands that as I'm sure no true city fan would want him to think otherwise.

Darran
04-12-17, 02:48 PM
Spoke to Mike at Concord and he seemed confident we would be home in time for next season so no surprise now the goalposts have moved again that he has decided like others to leave. He has done a great job in some very trying circumstances.

drbob
04-12-17, 04:38 PM
Very sorry to see you go Mike, but I fully understand your reasons. You've done a marvellous job under exceedingly trying circumstances.

The club definitely need to be run by professionals and not rely on volunteers.

Exiled
04-12-17, 04:44 PM

Cheers for all you have done!

Cookie
04-12-17, 04:56 PM
Mike, all the supporters understand the time, effort and passion that you have put into keeping the Club running. I am very sorry it has come to this, you will be really missed from the boardroom through to the match day tasks that you carried out so well. Thank you.

Neil
04-12-17, 05:16 PM
I truly hope that this doesn't mean that Mike will slip into the abyss that other chair individuals of the club and trust seem to have fallen into. Too good a man to annoy.

Tigermatty
04-12-17, 06:14 PM
Thank you for everything, Mike. I know how much you've put into the club and it won't be forgotten. A lovely bloke, approachable and gave his all.

A true club legend.

I'm afraid this is another wake up call for the people still believing in EMG.

The club does need to be run by more paid staff, that's been the case since I can remember. I can't help thinking that if EMG was more proactive and brought in new people, relieved the volunteers to go back to being fans etc, then this whole mess could have been avoided and actually be a positive news story - a step towards a professional structure.

Instead it's taken everyone to resign in an attempt to force EMG's hand, because unfortunately we are a very low priority to him.

I'm now of the mind that this is exactly what it is - a way to force the owners and directors to be directly involved in the decision making and the heavy lifting. Who's to say that if we did return in 18 months that Mike or Tims loads would have been lightened? If anything it would have been more work.

If EMG doesn't take responsibility now then he never will, I expect to see him appoint himself as Chairman if he truly wants what he says he wants.

Noah
04-12-17, 06:17 PM

That must have been an extraordinarily difficult statement for Mike to fashion, conveying a message that will have hurt him enormously to have had to make.

Joe
04-12-17, 08:02 PM
Thanks for all your efforts Mike. You will be hugely missed.

City supporter
04-12-17, 08:46 PM
So sad to hear that Mike Dunstan has stepped down as Chairman. He has been tireless in his devotion to this Club over many years and I personally will always remember his "late night banter" with the late Caped Crusader !

There comes a point in everyone's relationship with this glorious Club where you have given everything in time, energy and not to mention finances when you have to step back and say the very person who owns the Club has to "step up to the plate" or get someone who can.

In my opinion EMG will have to do just that.....................before time runs out................. or is that the plan.

Thank you once again Mike ! (The Tiger)

GDE
04-12-17, 08:48 PM
for all the guys to leave means that the club is no closer to going back than 12 months ago, Thanks Mike the club would have folded years ago without you and Tim
Now what for EMG, no chairman no manager no kit man, no assistant manager no Finance Director time to wake up and smell the coffee. I have always thought that EMG would come good and still have this thought that he will but the football club is not a priority.

Pims manager again
04-12-17, 11:52 PM
Thanks Mike,
How you fitted it all in in a day will always mystify me.a. A true gent.
Who is going to or want to fill his boots? On the playing front as long as we have a team etc we will do ok but sadly our non existent infrastructure is more exposed than ever.
Was'nt it Keith Gardiner said " if you pay people to do work for the Club you can delegate, volunteers...no".
The Club is at a crossroads...do the owners really want oblivion..only time will tell.

City Col
05-12-17, 12:13 AM
Mike Is a top bloke and represented this club as a true professional. I spoke to him on Saturday and he was his charming self as always. I am very sad to see him go and I wish him and his family all the very best for the future. I have the greatest respect for him and thank him for every thing that he did for the club.

Mike = Educated ,caring,professional,loyal and above all a a true gentleman. Cheers Mike (TOP MAN)

Nigeglos
05-12-17, 08:01 AM
Who is now left in the club with any football knowledge to appoint a new manager ?

Ps thanks mike, what a difference between you and others

Neil
05-12-17, 09:09 AM
Is Shaun still the secretary?

City supporter
05-12-17, 09:18 AM

Perhaps that's something the owner of this Club should answer ... "hello is there anybody there" ... "calling occupants of inter planetary space" :(

daveangel
05-12-17, 09:54 AM

Yes, he is.

Gloucester Nomad
05-12-17, 10:05 AM
This is terribly sad to see the club like this. I'm a relative newbie to the Gloucester family, and from the first time I got on the coach I was made to feel welcome and it was that community that has turned me into a genuine supporter. You all deserve better than this, having put so much into this club for little return. Might only be 4-500 odd of you, but your passion and commitment is amongst the best in the world.

On the bright side, it can't get any worse can it? *touches wood*

City supporter
05-12-17, 10:35 AM
This is terribly sad to see the club like this. I'm a relative newbie to the Gloucester family, and from the first time I got on the coach I was made to feel welcome and it was that community that has turned me into a genuine supporter. You all deserve better than this, having put so much into this club for little return. Might only be 4-500 odd of you, but your passion and commitment is amongst the best in the world.

We all love this Club....we have always been a family and it's just soul destroying the owner appears to not feel the same way.

Nick Name
05-12-17, 02:37 PM
Did anyone take on board Mike's last programme notes last Saturday?

'... but I am less understanding when I see outlandish and baseless statements put out as fact when they are not. This week we have had "facts" about the building of houses on the site rather than a stadium, some outlandish figure on how much has been made from dumping earth, and even a rumour the club is in adminstration. All false but all requiring even more of mine and others time to head off and all damaging the clubs reputation with the busines community we are trying to partner with.
I can cut loyal fans some (but only some) slack on that but it makes my blood boil when I see former fans with a seeming axe to grind stoking the rumours'.

I think that it is important that we all do.

Getushome
05-12-17, 03:14 PM

'... but I am less understanding when I see outlandish and baseless statements put out as fact when they are not. This week we have had "facts" about the building of houses on the site rather than a stadium, some outlandish figure on how much has been made from dumping earth, and even a rumour the club is in adminstration. All false but all requiring even more of mine and others time to head off and all damaging the clubs reputation with the busines community we are trying to partner with.
I can cut loyal fans some (but only some) slack on that but it makes my blood boil when I see former fans with a seeming axe to grind stoking the rumours'.

Couldnít agree more and didnít see the programme so thank you for sharing. There has been nothing but praise from all quarters for what Mike has done so letís hope everyone takes on board his comments and acts accordingly or risk being perceived as badly as they perceive others to be.

Neil
05-12-17, 03:45 PM
That was me with the administration rumour. It was just a question that I asked, which I think I have a right to. I was told that it had been in the WDP, a newspaper which I probably haven't bought for 25 years.

Tigermatty
05-12-17, 05:44 PM

Strangely enough this former fan was at the game and read the prog notes. There's an easy way to stop speculation, and that's to communicate effectively in the first place. If the rumours are false then tell us the truth. I have research behind the £1M figure for the landfill which I believe backs up my estimate, you can choose to believe it or not to. Ultimately the true figure is only known by Eamonn, and how's his track record for reliability? How did the club actually go about 'heading off' these rumours? Because I haven't read anything. If potential sponsors aren't already put off by the fact the club is playing in Evesham and are owned by a company which hasn't been able to deliver a stadium in 10 years, and the manager, chairman and others have all just walked, then the musings of posters on this unofficial forum aren't going to make a jot of difference.

Nick Name
05-12-17, 06:34 PM
Strangely enough this former fan was at the game and read the prog notes. There's an easy way to stop speculation, and that's to communicate effectively in the first place. If the rumours are false then tell us the truth. I have research behind the £1M figure for the landfill which I believe backs up my estimate, you can choose to believe it or not to. Ultimately the true figure is only known by Eamonn, and how's his track record for reliability? How did the club actually go about 'heading off' these rumours? Because I haven't read anything. If potential sponsors aren't already put off by the fact the club is playing in Evesham and are owned by a company which hasn't been able to deliver a stadium in 10 years, and the manager, chairman and others have all just walked, then the musings of posters on this unofficial forum aren't going to make a jot of difference.

Just reporting the views of the ex-Chairman (who clearly holds strong views on the matter) without further comment.

Tigermatty
05-12-17, 06:44 PM
Just reporting the views of the ex-Chairman (who clearly holds strong views on the matter) without further comment.

Understood, just commenting on the content of the report 😉

Lee
05-12-17, 06:58 PM
Nick name, programme notes contained no reference to Tim Harris leaving and Mike said we should have heard positive news about the ground that week...which we didn't. I presume therefore they were written in advance of last weeks dramas and so should be taken with a pinch of salt.

Severnside
05-12-17, 07:36 PM
Nick name, programme notes contained no reference to Tim Harris leaving and Mike said we should have heard positive news about the ground that week...which we didn't. I presume therefore they were written in advance of last weeks dramas and so should be taken with a pinch of salt.

That was clearly before someone broke into the ground and erected the mobile phone mask taking EMG by surprise.....

City supporter
05-12-17, 10:04 PM
That was me with the administration rumour. It was just a question that I asked, which I think I have a right to. I was told that it had been in the WDP, a newspaper which I probably haven't bought for 25 years.

I am not ashamed to say I was informed by someone who is totally reliable that there will planning for houses in that area of Gloucester within 5 years. Plus the contract given for land fill is over and above 1million. Sorry folks I stand by what I was told.