PDA

View Full Version : Dartford Away

drbob
18-11-17, 04:31 PM
25 minutes 1-0 down :(

JP shot blocked by defenders hand on 11 minutes - nothing given :mad:

drbob
18-11-17, 04:39 PM
33 Minutes Ball taken out of Hadler's hand and netted - goal given - ref's a Homer:mad:

Not likely to come back against the second in the division.

drbob
18-11-17, 04:51 PM
Half time: Dartford 2 City 0 :(

drbob
18-11-17, 05:13 PM
53 Minutes - it gets worse - now 3-0 down:(

Probably game over now.

drbob
18-11-17, 05:15 PM
Definitely game over now: 4-0 :mad:

Dartford have just gone top of the division.

drbob
18-11-17, 05:23 PM
63 minutes Jamie Edge pulls one back for City.

drbob
18-11-17, 06:10 PM
Full time: Dratford 4 City 1 :(

Today's results see us remain in sixteenth, seven points above the relegation zone

graymim
18-11-17, 06:40 PM
On to next week. Will need to be at our best as Chesham won 13 to 1 today. Good to see the reaction of their fans, total respect for Merthyr who are in all sorts of financial trouble again......I believe they played their youth team and the goal keeper got man of the match.

Eric Van Der Floof
18-11-17, 07:30 PM
We've got to go to East Thurrock first on Tuesday.

Wouldn't read too much into Chesham' s win today as Mertyhr played a development squad due to their off field problems..

young alfie
18-11-17, 07:32 PM
Ouch brought down to earth with a bump.

Neil
18-11-17, 07:41 PM
Really actually disappointed with this result. Other average teams will go there and not get a hiding but it always seems to be us doesn't it.

Eric Van Der Floof
18-11-17, 08:03 PM
Here are short clips of their goals

http://puredfc.com/forums/index.php?PHPSESSID=4d3a1798f6fe1d66c095069446d423 81&topic=2793.30

Darran
18-11-17, 09:23 PM
I dont think I have ever felt so upbeat about a 4-1 loss. Quite frankly the scoreline doesn't tell the true story. The whole ground saw the handball apart from the ref. Their keeper couldn't believe it wasn't given and their fans at ht said they were laughing about it because they couldn't believe a penalty wasn't given. Moore had a one on one he should have scored at 0-0 as well. We were on top before their first. Hard to know about the 2nd from the other end and the footage above only starts after the incident. We hit the post after a great save from their keeper at 2-0 and then they went and scored a superb 3rd and added the 4th not long after. After that I would say we pretty much dominated the game. Apart from the goal, their keeper made a world class save and another very good one, we missed an open goal and we had a shot cleared off the line. We played really well and I am sure we have played much worse and won this season and will do again in the future. I know on the face of it a 4-1 loss looks crap, but I hope the players remember they actually played really well and didn't let their heads drop even at 4-0. Play like that on Tuesday and we will beat East Thurrock who haven't won for ages now.

Liam_GCFC
18-11-17, 09:24 PM
Scoreline does not reflect the game at all, the ref was dillusionnal and that it putting it lightly, he gave us nothing in terms of 50/50s but I cant remember any ref doing that this season, 3 of their goals were dubious to say the least amd we should have scored at least 5, shouldnt have lost that game, they were nothing special.

daveangel
18-11-17, 09:28 PM
Exactly what Darren said. Best we've played for ages and all their fans were as bemused as we were. They were clinical, but we played some great stuff and had 19 shots at goal. Could have been a very different result.

daveangel
18-11-17, 09:32 PM
Really actually disappointed with this result. Other average teams will go there and not get a hiding but it always seems to be us doesn't it.

Is it's conceding four which constitutes a hiding, that's the first this season, and we could easily have scored five!

Ray Tango
18-11-17, 09:35 PM
Just got in and as said that scoreline in no way reflects the game. Cracking stadium and decent cheesy chips.

City Col
18-11-17, 10:43 PM
Its hard to sum up this defeat.As already posted could easily have finished 4-4 or 4-5 to us. Played quality football for most of the game. How the ref missed the penalty to us at 0-0 words fail me. It was one of those games that every deflection, 50/50 ball went to one of their players! Their keeper pulled off a couple of quality saves to keep them in it.Fantastic ground to tick off the list. I feel for Ethan but really should have scored two today. still his overall work rate was good and we all want him to get on the score sheet.Keep your head up son it will come.They took their chances well and are a decent side. Dartford 4 City 1 it just doesn't reflect the game. That's football folk's.

charlie
19-11-17, 12:18 AM
Finally home after only 6 hours.
Been mentioned before but it could easily have been a very different game. We had plenty of chances and should have scored more than 1 (or 4 going by the scoreboard). We played good football at times, just needed to pick out the right pass and not hesitate.
Lovely ground they’ve got at Dartford/Darthawk/Whiteford/London though.

South bound
19-11-17, 10:58 AM
Oddest 4-1 defeat I've seen, should have been ahead before Dartford scored. Even at 2 down we were still in with a good chance but two quick goals put the game to bed. We will play worse and win

charlie
19-11-17, 05:00 PM
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=PrAH1-Jeeek
Highlights. Handball decision and their second goal look even worse here, what was the referee playing at

daveangel
19-11-17, 05:33 PM
Definitely a penalty, as I thought at the time. Good save by the CB actually!

Not sure about their second goal. Less contact on Hadler than i thought.

Can see why that was given.

drbob
19-11-17, 07:22 PM
Agreed a definite penalty - any keeper would have been happy with that save. So we should have been 1-0 up.

Second goal - I know Hadler had both hands on the ball, but I don't think he had full control of it.

Our one goal was probably the only bit of luck we had - I think the keeper would have saved it on its original course and the deflection took it into the opposite side of the net.

With Ethan's two misses I think 4-4 would have been a fair result.

Darran
19-11-17, 07:55 PM
It is hard to tell but I think the 2nd was Hadler's mistake. The pen that never was certainly was one and he could easily have been sent off for that. You can tell why Dartford are going for the title though because they have strikers who can take their chances and as much as some of the defending around them wasn't great there was some good finishes among them.

Neil
19-11-17, 10:10 PM
Highlights are taking an age. Can our cut include the handball incident please.

daveangel
20-11-17, 08:06 AM
Their highlights show it very clearly.

Ray Tango
20-11-17, 09:12 AM
Like you said it’s a great save by their defender and that 2nd goal doesn’t look that controversial as we first thought? My apologies for calling the ref a “poisoned dwarf”

Neil
20-11-17, 03:37 PM
Is the ref saying that the ball hit the players chest there? That's a criminal decision. Terrible miss by Ethan too. If we gave away a chance like that it would hit the target at the very least.

daveangel
20-11-17, 03:54 PM
He shook his head and shouted "ball to chest" whilst banging his chest. This proves he was simply guessing. You'd have more respect for them if they simply said they'd not seen it.

Darran
20-11-17, 07:45 PM
Is the ref saying that the ball hit the players chest there? That's a criminal decision. Terrible miss by Ethan too. If we gave away a chance like that it would hit the target at the very least.

That was the difference between us and Dartford though. They are top for a reason and that is they have good strikers who take their chances. We might have helped them with some sloppy errors, but they still needed good finishes and they punished us for it. I suspect if we had played most of the other sides in the division we wouldn't have conceded 4 on Saturday and would have won the game.