PDA

View Full Version : Jamie Edge

Eric Van Der Floof
21-09-17, 08:19 PM
Has resigned for the club. Once again Hanks is unavailable for this weekends game and Tim says that they are going to have a chat about his situation. Could he be on his way out?

http://www.gloucestershirelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/former-arsenal-youngster-signs-gloucester-514430.amp

Can’t believe he wasn’t referred to as former CTFC player in the headline

drbob
21-09-17, 09:04 PM
Hopefully this time will be more successful than last.

daveangel
21-09-17, 09:27 PM
Always rated JE. Still only 24 and has all the ability if Tim can tap into it.

Badger
21-09-17, 10:38 PM
The man did not perform for us before, was let go recently by a Southern Division club because he did not perform. Why have we signed him? If you are reading this Mr Edge you have been given a last chance, a very good chance by a club higher up the pyramid system. It is in your hands.

Pims manager again
21-09-17, 10:44 PM
For Arsene Wenger to oversee his signing there must be something there for Jamie to offer us.
Let's hope he will not let us down.

charlie
22-09-17, 12:05 AM
I thought he was pretty decent last time he played for us and in that time he will have improved massively.
A very good acquisition for the club, but I hope to god that we keep Hanks.

Gladfans
22-09-17, 06:22 AM
The man did not perform for us before, was let go recently by a Southern Division club because he did not perform. Why have we signed him? If you are reading this Mr Edge you have been given a last chance, a very good chance by a club higher up the pyramid system. It is in your hands.

I totally agree - like so many others bags of ability (and an excellent passer of the ball) but never plays to his true potential. Come on Tim let's get the best out of him. Welcome back JE.

GDE
22-09-17, 09:11 AM
last time we were not a footballing club we were hoof it and see, hopefully this time around we can perform and he will shine

Hewego
22-09-17, 12:00 PM
Good honest lad is Jamie hope he succeeds this time.
I guess Joe Hanks job will curtail his City appearances, but I am sure in 75/76 season we had copper in Alan Birch.

Ray Tango
22-09-17, 12:09 PM
I liked what I seen of him against Cheltenham the other night. Loads of energy/looked match fit and played some delightful passes..

young alfie
22-09-17, 01:08 PM
All a bit harsh with Edgy when he left us last time we were going through another bad patch and no one was playing well. As for coming from a lower club almost all our team have Shortwood ,Slimbridge , Cinders and Malvern. There is no disgrace being released by Hereford they are looking to build a team capable of winning the National League. I thought when we played Hereford he played ok and didn't look out of place, The trouble with city is we sign young kids and if they are not instant success we dump them to soon.

Spanish tiger
22-09-17, 01:12 PM
last time we were not a footballing club we were hoof it and see, hopefully this time around we can perform and he will shine

That is true..

Severnside
22-09-17, 04:10 PM
A young Scott Wilson stands out for me. Did he get a chance?probably not but full time has certainly suited him. Has to be one that slipped through Tims fingers?

Spanish tiger
22-09-17, 04:58 PM
A young Scott Wilson stands out for me. Did he get a chance?probably not but full time has certainly suited him. Has to be one that slipped through Tims fingers?

He just needed the right coaching, Always thought Adam Mann was another but I saw him play less than SW.

Exiled
22-09-17, 08:18 PM

A feed of raw meat might do the trick!

young alfie
23-09-17, 09:01 AM
A diet of Guinness and meat pies Tommy, eat them not throw them. Think we should keep check on kids we let go, some too young or too small for the mans leagues. Manny comes to mind, Scotty Wilson, Sam Turl, Adam Mace,and young Hicks at Cinders all growing up to become good footballers.

daveangel
23-09-17, 01:25 PM
OSJ isn't doing too badly for himself either.