PDA

View Full Version : Bath

Neil
27-08-17, 08:46 PM
We've only beaten them twice in 19 years in competitive games.

And I slipped getting out of the bath last week and hurt my buttock.

Neither are great omens for tomorrow.

Oh and they've won their last three games.

daveangel
27-08-17, 09:12 PM
So will we have by tomorrow night. :)

Joe
27-08-17, 10:13 PM
They got 3 injuries in their game yesterday.

Darran
27-08-17, 11:17 PM
They got 3 injuries in their game yesterday.

All in the first half as well.

Getushome
27-08-17, 11:40 PM

Are we their Worcester?

Eric Van Der Floof
28-08-17, 07:16 AM

No time like now to break this run

young alfie
28-08-17, 09:05 AM
Bank holiday, local derby, lovely weather should be a bumper crowd to watch city bring home the bacon.

Noah
28-08-17, 09:30 AM
[QUOTE=Neil;1479]We've only beaten them twice in 19 years in competitive games.

QUOTE]

Does that make you Spider Man, having trouble getting out of the bath ?

runcorn flag
28-08-17, 09:39 AM
Always got a soft spot for Bath as one of the clubs who gave us a bit of help straight after the floods hit. Also a great away day.

Hopefully bumper crowd and a positive result!

daveangel
28-08-17, 10:26 AM
I hope most of them are driving as they only have 25 booked on a coach. Then again, I'm not really surprised given what they charge to travel away. They are charging 25 to go to Hungerford (almost an identical journey to ours on Saturday) and an eyewatering 35 a seat to go to Truro!

Makes you realise how much Andy at KB looks after us!

Kingo
28-08-17, 11:39 AM
Makes you realise how much Andy at KB looks after us![/QUOTE]

Neil
28-08-17, 12:21 PM
IIRC they are so expensive because they pay for the players coach too. A noble effort but, fuck paying those prices!

drbob
28-08-17, 06:01 PM

Make that three now. Good performance from the whole team.

Not sure I agreed with the MOTM award - there were several other candidates IMO.

drbob
28-08-17, 06:05 PM
So will we have by tomorrow night. :)

Great prediction Dave ;)

Today's results see us up into ninth - only outside the playoff places on GD - equal on points with Truro and Hemel Hempstead.:D

Eric Van Der Floof
28-08-17, 06:11 PM
IIRC they are so expensive because they pay for the players coach too. A noble effort but, fuck paying those prices!

That's madness. Surely the club should be encouraging fans to travel and not making them pay for players as well.

runcorn flag
28-08-17, 06:15 PM
Spencer was my man of the match today, superb again. Tom Hadler fills me with confidence and is so assured, great to have him in nets.

Great finishes from Joe and Zak, nervy at the end but deserved three points. Superb management from Tim!

Eric Van Der Floof
28-08-17, 06:18 PM

That's madness. Surely the club should be encouraging fans to travel and not making them pay for players as well.

KJD
28-08-17, 06:25 PM
Reaction - http://www.gloucestercityafc.com/reaction-tim-harris-post-bath-city/

Neil
28-08-17, 06:28 PM
Fan owned aren't they? They are "The club"!

Neil
28-08-17, 06:30 PM
We didn't actually play that well. Bath were solid at the back and we struggled to get through them but thankfully were quite clinical in front of goal. Did Ethan want too much time for that effort that Joe Parker set up for him before half time? Zack showed what a striker has to do, he loves to shoot across the keep, low and hard, beats them all the time.

St Albans next!

Severnside
28-08-17, 06:45 PM
Well deserved three points as said edgy at the end but hey ho take the points....
Ethan is too slow and not sure why Tim keeps playing him,sure we need a target man but he is off the pace and does not get to the ball early enough - Joe set him up and it was blocked because he needed too much time, will he ever have the pace for this level? time will tell....
Good half time substitution, Ethan needs to go out on loan for a month or more or he will never get fit and confident....

Isaac
28-08-17, 07:21 PM
3 wins a row seems like we're getting better every game hopefully we can keep it up it will be difficult at St Albans but I think we can get a result there. Ethan is getting there he will score soon then will go on a scoring run

Joe
28-08-17, 07:46 PM
3 great finishes today in a game with limited quality aside from that. I thought we worked hard and were worthy of the 3 points though. That was a shadow of the Bath teams of the past. Their strikers were very poor (sorry Nat, Jamie, and co). The right back was very good though.

Bringing in Hadler has turned out form upside-down.

MrMatt
28-08-17, 07:52 PM
Joe Parker was my MOTM. Didn't stop pressing and even got back to help the defence out at times. Nicely controlled volley for his goal as well.
Hamilton looks immense this season and hopefully that continues.

Neil
28-08-17, 08:03 PM
The goals

http://www.tigerroar.co.uk/spf/joebath.jpg

http://www.tigerroar.co.uk/spf/zackbath.jpg

runcorn flag
28-08-17, 08:25 PM
Joe Parker was my MOTM. Didn't stop pressing and even got back to help the defence out at times.

Forgot about that, he did run back on a number of occasions to help out and made some vital tackles too.

Top pics of the goals Neil, been a great Bank Holiday for snapping the goals!

Pims manager again
28-08-17, 09:32 PM
A candid summary of the game today by TH, spot on, we need endeavour and commitment on the field like Joe PARKER did today . Solid at the back , Spencer and Robbie immense, that said it was a great last ditch tackle from Sam Avery in our penalty area in the last couple of minutes saved all 3 points.
Decent performance all round today in front of a good crowd.
Good to see Nat Jarvis et al have'nt improved since leaving us.
Bath City are'nt the team they used to be or is it we are better?

charlie
29-08-17, 08:56 AM
The best thing about the game yesterday was that both of our goals were good, and scored by attackers. Both were brilliant passes finished with brilliant shots.

Severnside
29-08-17, 10:28 AM
The best thing about the game yesterday was that both of our goals were good, and scored by attackers. Both were brilliant passes finished with brilliant shots.

Good point Charlie, should have been three with the assist Joe made for Ethan that he was too slow to get on the end of defence in the main looks solid apart from perhaps that we look likely to concede from set pieces like yesterday?

Monkerhostin
29-08-17, 11:10 AM
Think Ethan is slowly getting there - at least he made the run to the front post for the afore mentioned cross by Joe. Certainly winning a lot more in the air.

Lots of (due) praise for Cundy, Hamilton and Hadler but personally think Mullings has gone quietly about his business. Gets the ball and keeps it moving. Hemel fans were raving about him after the game against them.

Good finish by Zack for his goal - was interesting to hear Tim shouting at him all the time to work harder off the ball and chase down - as someone has mentioned Parker worked hard on that front - sure Tim will get Zack to do the same. We played some great stuff when those two played up front together last season. Nice to have a few options attacking wise.

Onwards and upstairs.

Severnside
29-08-17, 11:43 AM
Agree about Mulling's not seen him have a bad game so far this season, consistent and you can tell he loves to wear the shirt,as a defensive/holding midfielder he does a great job.
Shame we will miss Joe Hanks Saturday - we are very light in midfield until Chris Knowles is back...

daveangel
29-08-17, 01:37 PM
I'd like to see Page get a chance on the left of midfield in Hanks' absence.

young alfie
29-08-17, 01:52 PM
He's only young yet but so was Luke Thomas when he came to us on loan and what an impact he had so who knows.

Matt
29-08-17, 03:14 PM
Credit to Tim for being willing to shuffle things round. Brave decision to drop Sam Avery but thought Hamilton and Cundy were excellent again yesterday. (And thought Sam was fantastic for the last 10 mins giving 100% as usual.)

We're not far off. When Lewis Hall and Chris Knowles are back we'll have real depth in the squad. All we need now is a centre forward and we can be serious about pushing for the play offs.

Neil
29-08-17, 06:32 PM
Then we'll need a ground won't we?

Matt
29-08-17, 08:25 PM
If we can hang around near the play offs for the rest of the season at least it will keep it in the news that we haven't got one.

Neil
29-08-17, 08:59 PM
Got some really nice photos yesterday :)

https://www.flickr.com/photos/tigerimages/albums/72157684653393652

Neil
29-08-17, 09:00 PM
If we can hang around near the play offs for the rest of the season at least it will keep it in the news that we haven't got one.

No, I think we'd fall foul of what happened to Eastwood and Darlington regarding the playoffs.

Gladfans
29-08-17, 09:02 PM
Then we'll need a ground won't we?

Went to MP today huge progress imo being made - walked around the site imo 65 o/o already made up and substrate in place of nearest car park already done could be in for early next season

runcorn flag
29-08-17, 09:05 PM
Got some really nice photos yesterday :)

https://www.flickr.com/photos/tigerimages/albums/72157684653393652

Great snaps yet again Neil, what a lovely photo to finish the album with too...

Neil
29-08-17, 09:20 PM
Went to MP today huge progress imo being made - walked around the site imo 65 o/o already made up and substrate in place of nearest car park already done could be in for early next season
Won't be soon enough to compete in the playoffs will it?

daveangel
29-08-17, 09:39 PM
Seemed confident the play offs would be ok when speaking at the AGM.

Severnside
29-08-17, 09:47 PM
Play offs would be great to build on for the future but surely too early to survive in the Conference should we get there unless we had a deep pocketed backer AND the structure in place in Gloucester and this has to be too early?
Wouldn't want to go up and come straight back down as teams often go in free-fall once relegated - Hyde/Altrincham to name but two?

Spanish tiger
29-08-17, 11:18 PM

So are there finances in place now? As I understood it Keyway are lifting the earth etc because that is EMG company and then it was a case of looking to raise the cash for the build.Maybe I have missed something.

TigerMark
30-08-17, 10:10 AM
Any highlights from the game on Monday?

KJD
30-08-17, 10:22 AM
For the record going forward: We aren't allowed to upload our own highlights until two days after the game due to the new agreement between Pitchero and the National League.

Anyway, as you mentioned it...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F8xijV2MrAQ&feature=youtu.be

daveangel
30-08-17, 01:01 PM
For the record going forward: We aren't allowed to upload our own highlights until two days after the game due to the new agreement between Pitchero and the National League.

A lot of other clubs seem to be ignoring that!

drbob
30-08-17, 04:02 PM
A lot of other clubs seem to be ignoring that!

Yes but we always seem to obey the rules, sometimes to our detriment;)

Joe
30-08-17, 07:11 PM
Good highlights. Odd logic though. What a Vanarama thinking?

Darran
30-08-17, 09:05 PM

Well you did put everyone away when saying it woudn't make any difference when I asked on a previous thread.

KJD
30-08-17, 09:25 PM
Good highlights. Odd logic though. What a Vanarama thinking?

Cheers. Probably want to increase the hits on their official site I'd imagine.