PDA

View Full Version : Today at Hungerford

drbob
26-08-17, 03:47 PM
Half Time: Hungerford 1 City 2

Led 2-0 (Williams & Parker) but then conceded what sounds like a soft goal.

drbob
26-08-17, 03:53 PM
Can we finish all the matches now please?;)

We're currently fifteenth and only three points off one of the six playoff places;)

drbob
26-08-17, 04:18 PM

We're currently fifteenth and only three points off a playoff place;)

Or perhaps not? JP has just made it 3-1. Can he get another and claim the match ball later?:D

drbob
26-08-17, 04:32 PM
Now 3-2 :mad: Conceded another soft goal :mad:

Come on JP we reall need your hat trick goal now. A Hungerford equaliser will dump us back in the bottom three:(

Morf on for Moore

Spanish tiger
26-08-17, 04:45 PM
This is killing me following twitter!

drbob
26-08-17, 04:50 PM
JP not going to get hat trick - subbed for Chambers. Kotwica on for Hanks.

drbob
26-08-17, 04:54 PM
Full time: Hungerford 2 City 3 :D

Puts us fourteenth with some other matches still to finish. Hungerford have replaced us in 21st;)

Spanish tiger
26-08-17, 05:01 PM
Yesssss and we came from behind to win.

drbob
26-08-17, 05:03 PM
Yesssss and we came from behind to win.

No we didn't, we were 2-0 and 3-1 up and sounds like we were hanging on for dear life at the end.

Badger
26-08-17, 05:03 PM
Well done City, gutted I couldn't make it as it's the closest away team to me, only half an hour up the road, car suddenly became sick yesterday and I didn't dare risk the trip. Will miss Mondays game as well so another three points will cheer me up no end. Good to see Joe with a brace and Ed scoring, role on Monday and another three points.

daveangel
26-08-17, 06:45 PM

We're currently fifteenth and only three points off one of the six playoff places;)

Two points off seventh (the last play off place!)

Neil
26-08-17, 07:21 PM
I'm sure that that was Chippenham we've just been to!

Lovely day. Nice drive avoiding the M4 from Swindown straight to Hungerford. Had a quick look around town and the train station ;)

Nice memorial plaque at the park outside the ground and then we won :)

It was a bit annoying that we twice let them get within a goal but we were good for the points. Ed had a tester then scored with an identical curling effort, Joe scored a lovely header from Hanksy's perfect cross. They both ran to the photographer too!

Joe made and scored a good goal to start the second half but they grew when they made three changes. Their second was a decent cut back and shot, nothing soft about it really but we did enough to hold on in the end.

Hopper hit the top of the bar and looked like he used his strength well and might've equalised (3-3) had in not been for Tom Hadler making himself big. Hadler save another heart stopper on the line too.

Ethan had a better game but he just looks too slow when it comes to getting a shot away. We haven't seen the winger yet either!

Eric Van Der Floof
26-08-17, 08:33 PM
An top strike for Ed and 2 headers from Joe. Had control of the game at 3-1 but the subs made by them seemed to change the game and give the momentum to them. A top drawer save from Tom Hadler right on the goal line one and then another when he stood big to prevent Hooper from scoring.

Another good away following with well over 100 City fans in a crowd of 322

Pims manager again
27-08-17, 12:48 AM
A decent result today with an unchanged starting 11 .
Quality strike from Ed, quality cross from Joe Hanks for Joe Parkers first and sheer determination for his second, chased a lost cause , chipped the keeper and still,beat the defender to head home ....quality.
As for Hungerford they looked like a team who had lost their manager and Chairman , ( was he the money
Bags ?) in a week.
To use a Young Alfie analogy ..when Robbie Cundy checks the contents of his trouser pockets he will find his door keys, coins of the realm and Luke Hopper.. Cundy a cut above and my MoM.
Great support at a good old fashioned southern league venue and according to product allergy info at the burger bar any product supplied with an egg in it will have egg in it!!!...astounding.

Joe
27-08-17, 07:57 AM
Great result that. Well done lads.

KJD
27-08-17, 09:43 AM
Tim's thoughts - http://www.gloucestercityafc.com/reaction-tim-harris-post-hungerford/

runcorn flag
27-08-17, 11:07 AM
Great away day, lovely little town Hungerford (well it looked that way as we drove through onnthe coach!). Delighted to see Joe Parker score, great header for his first and grit and determination for the second. Ed Williams with a cracker too to get us going. Tom Hadler seems to have instilled a lot of confidence in the back four, looking forward to seeing that save he made at the end on the highlights.

Getting more and more impressed with Spencer this year, looking assured at centre half alongside Robbie. Loving his reaction at the end of the game when he celebrates with the fans!

drbob
27-08-17, 11:13 AM
In today's NLP the Hungerford reporter gives the Star Man (MOTM) award to JP. Well done Joe.:D

drbob
27-08-17, 11:23 AM
Slimbridge & City seem to be the only winners from local teams yesterday - as well as Scum & FGR losing; Cinderford, Cirencester, Bishops Cleeve, Shortwood, Yate and Evesham all lost.

Neil
27-08-17, 01:24 PM
I wouldn't say that Joe's second was a lost cause, I'm sure he loves a ball to chase like that.

It was nice to see Jon Boardman get his ass handed to him by a pacy City striker again (14 years later!)

Neil
27-08-17, 02:36 PM
This is why I think written match reports are pointless in this age of video highlights.

The visitors made it 3-1 after 51 minutes after a mix-up in our defence allowed Parker to head into the empty net,
http://www.hungerfordtown.com/teams/11575/match-centre/.WaKepD_iH5w.twitter

Neil
27-08-17, 02:37 PM
http://www.thenationalleague.org.uk/match-info/match-centre/1-2850483 << highlights

Neil
27-08-17, 02:55 PM
I couldn't see what had happened for their goal at the time but Kieran Parselle's finish was as good as the one that Wayne Hatswell scored for FGR all those years ago!

Spanish tiger
27-08-17, 02:59 PM
Thanks Neil, Was there first goal already over the line before our defender whacked it in to the net or was it an OG?

Neil
27-08-17, 03:26 PM
No idea. Wouldn't like to say if the one late in the game was over the line either!

Getushome
27-08-17, 03:28 PM
Great away day, lovely little town Hungerford (well it looked that way as we drove through onnthe coach!). Delighted to see Joe Parker score, great header for his first and grit and determination for the second. Ed Williams with a cracker too to get us going. Tom Hadler seems to have instilled a lot of confidence in the back four, looking forward to seeing that save he made at the end on the highlights.

Getting more and more impressed with Spencer this year, looking assured at centre half alongside Robbie. Loving his reaction at the end of the game when he celebrates with the fans!

I put it down to the motivational speech at the presentation night :o

Eric Van Der Floof
27-08-17, 04:48 PM
Thanks Neil, Was there first goal already over the line before our defender whacked it in to the net or was it an OG?

At half time, Hopper was telling the ref he got a touch to it. Ref basically to go away as it was a own goal.

KJD
27-08-17, 05:27 PM
No idea. Wouldn't like to say if the one late in the game was over the line either!

Was stood dead in line with it. Was about 4/5 inches the right side of the line.

City Col
27-08-17, 05:48 PM
Yeah I heard Luke claim he scored and the ref saying to him it was an O/G. Enjoyed that day out and arriving back in Gloucester at a reasonable time to have a couple of celebratory beers.I was impressed with the City away support and getting behind Ethan which clearly lifted his spirits which resulted in him putting in a good shift. Why no team picked up Robbie Cundy is beyond me who will probably be our player of the season if he continues to put in assured performances as he has done so far.

Joe
27-08-17, 05:52 PM
Good highlights those. Excellent work from Joe. Great to see a striker scoring for us.

Excellent save on the line from Hadler. Very unorthodox.

Neil
27-08-17, 08:34 PM
We win and we get half as many posts on a thread where we lose (Weston).

Some people just like to moan!

Exiled
27-08-17, 08:49 PM

Just to keep you happy, fine first goal from Joe, hope he learns from it, just like Towner, back post lurker!

Exiled
27-08-17, 08:56 PM
To use a Young Alfie analogy ..when Robbie Cundy checks the contents of his trouser pockets he will find his door keys, coins of the realm and Luke Hopper.. Cundy a cut above and my MoM.

Sean Ward has just emptied out from his pockets, a chewing gum wrapper, receipt for his weekly shopping and Joe Gormley

Ps There's nothing new under the sun, nor an original idea!

:o :o

runcorn flag
27-08-17, 09:41 PM
Good highlights those. Excellent work from Joe. Great to see a striker scoring for us.

Excellent save on the line from Hadler. Very unorthodox.

Not often you see a backward facing dive, but he kept it out and held onto it, superb stuff.

Neil
27-08-17, 10:53 PM
Photos https://www.flickr.com/photos/tigerimages/albums/72157685685072334

Eric Van Der Floof
27-08-17, 11:06 PM
Good set of pictures

Gladfans
28-08-17, 07:31 AM
Excellent pictures Neil

Eric Van Der Floof
28-08-17, 08:33 AM

Just to keep you happy, fine first goal from Joe, hope he learns from it, just like Towner, back post lurker!

Would love it if Joe could be as prolific as Towner. He was best striker I've seen in my years of watching City

young alfie
28-08-17, 09:01 AM
Good set of photos Neil I like that away strip.

Noah
28-08-17, 11:17 AM
Yes, a spatial gallery of photos

Neil
28-08-17, 12:22 PM
It's the trains what did it!

Exiled
28-08-17, 12:29 PM
Would love it if Joe could be as prolific as Towner. He was best striker I've seen in my years of watching City

He was in the right place at the right time, And he did not go marking the defenders, he let them try to find him!